We dropped the stuff off at 9:45 this morning. So at 10:30 we headed back on in. We waited a little while and then were shown into the room where we had done all our ultrasounds. As instructed I hoped up onto the bed ready to have the work done. Sean and I waited... and waited... and waited for the Nurse to come back in.
Finally there she was. It was our TURN! (it really was only like 3 minutes but of course when your really anxious it seems like forEVER). She popped her head in and in her hand was a cathidure with our names on it, they wanted to make sure it was going into the right body... It was our and we were ready!
The procedure is called an IUI. Intrauterine Insemination. Sounds fun huh?? Don't let anyone fool you. It's not. Not fun at all. But it was the highlight of my day. The process was fast, it only took her like 8 minutes to get it all done. After that I just got to lay there for about 15 minutes with my hips elevated while Sean and I talked about having babies... I am so excited but extremely nervous. We just really want this to work. For it to finally happen for us.

After Sean took me home to rest for the day. OF course I made a few calls after, my mom, my dad, Sean's mom and that was it. Now the waiting starts. I went home and slept with my hips up till abut 4pm today. When I woke up?? Ah so much pain. Cramping (which i'm told is the ovulation actually taking place) and then lots of pressure on my girl parts and all of that. I did get called into work so I went in and let me tell you... sitting?? Not my thing right now. Nope. NO THANK YOU. The car ride itself was torture and then sitting on my chair at the office?? OUCH. O well. I only had to work from 6:45 to 8pm so I was out of there in no time. Now i'm hope. Relaxing. Thinking about babies... Doing my darndest to get pregnant... Thinking lots of baby thoughts... and baby this... and baby that... then I get sick to my tummy... I worry. The not knowing is awful. The worst part. But we both have hope. Which is more then I can say for us just a couple months ago. Sean had all the hope and I had none. So Yeah! We're full of hope and faith that this will work for us. We'll know on the 29th.... two weeks from tomorrow.... o my.... Wish us luck!!!
Again thank you everyone for keeping us in your prayers... It means so so much to us. We love you all.
3 comments:
Hehe, (little soldiers). Wow! Even though I just read about it I want to hear all about it when we play. Wow. We have faith and hope for you, too!
We are keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Technology is amazing. We can't wait to hear in 2 weeks.
Lauren I have been EXACTLY where you are... We were so lucky to get our Sam with the same procedure. My prayers are with you!
Post a Comment