Here are a few images of what it looked like... Well kind of.
OK, let me tell you exactly how it happened. I waited. All day. Went to work and then went to dinner with Sean. Then came home. I had to wait for 48 hours and to it at the same time as we did last time. So, finally 11:30pm rolls around. Great. I'm sick already and I haven't even gotten the needles out of the fridge. This is gonna be good. I'm just sure of it. Here we go again, icing my tummy, cleaning my tummy, the mixing the stuff to inject myself with. Then filling the syringe.. and emptying it... then filling it and getting so many air pockets in it.. so pushing it all back into the container. Great. My tummy is no longer numb. So the ice goes back on.

Here I've got
Sean holding the ice on my tummy while I make sure
I've gotten rid of all the problem bubbles.
Ok. Here goes nothing. Ready to stick myself. IN THE TUMMY. (i couldn't find any pictures of that) And right after I stick the needle in and right before I inject the stuff I see a HUGE air bubble that got in there because I didn't hold the syringe
tube at tight as I should have and it moved. Great. Out comes the needle. Again. I'll have to do it again!?? Crap. But i know for a fact that the air bubbles are bad!

Finally I get it right. And the needle goes in. I injected the
meds. "Great job Lauren, you're so brave!" I find myself saying in my brain over and over again. It was so much easier tonight. It did bleed tonight whereas last night it did not. But the plus about that was I knew where to put the
band aid! (unlike last time... we just guessed) Of course I got a little sick... Felt light headed and had to lay down and the area is sore. BUT I did not throw up. I feel very proud of myself. I've come a very long ways from when I had to go give blood over two years ago to see what, if anything, was wrong. Now
I'm the one doing the dirty work.
In fact for this experience I paid quite a bit of money! And I'm still paying! But I did it. And Sean is so proud of me and my support system is a good one. I've been very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment