So Sean and I had to rush into the DR's office this morning. It started last night when I got a gut wrenching pain in my lower left side. It got so bad that I couldn't even walk. We were out at Walmart getting fabric for the baby bibs I will be making with my mother-in-law this weekend. As we shopped it got worse and worse. Finally, we checked out and headed home. I went in the house to lay down immediately. Of course I had been googling on my phone possible causes of this terrible pain. Nothing really explained it very well. So I called my DR's after hours phone line. They didn't get the call or the message till the following morning. BUT as soon as they got it, about 5:30am I got a worried call telling me to head in as soon as I could. So in we went! I barely had time to shower before we left. I was sick about it the whole way. The pain had lasted all night and into the morning. It did let up a little but I could still feel it, and I had been up most of the night in pain.
My DR was out for the day but I got to see one of the other DR's. He came in after the nurse had me up on the table and she had felt around on my tummy to see if she could see anything out of the ordinary. She went and got the DR (last time we were there she couldn't find my ovaries... so she didn't want to try again) and he came in and did the ultrasound. He first checked my right ovary for pain. I told him no. So he went onto the left side. He warned me before he did that if might hurt... Ah........... still feeling sick, I braced myself.......... Nothing. No pain or discomfort. Weird. He was however, very happy with that. I just didn't know what to think! He told me that if there was an infection there would have been severe pain. Also, while he was doing the ultrasound he showed me that my two big healthy eggs on my left side had definitely done their job! I guess the eggs leave behind fluid and the sack they grew in when they leave the ovary. Eggs are a cyst before they are an EGG! Crazy. I did not know that. He told me everything looked perfect.
He also said tomorrow is implantation day. Day six after ovulation is the day the egg implants in your uterus and you actually become pregnant... O gosh we're really hoping. Ah.. Hope. We'll know ten days if it worked. O how I hope it does! I want to have a little bundle of joy in my arms!
OK so the pain? It was cause by a twisted ovary. He said what happens is similar to when your arm falls asleep when you lay on it for to long and the blood flow is cut off. The DR told me it's really a common thing and about 90% of these fix themselves. The other 10% must be surgically corrected. He told me that I'll be sore for a few days while my ovary gets back to normal but that I'm fine. He wished us luck and then didn't charge us for the ultrasound! Great! Cause they're $200 every time... So that was a blessing!!!! THANK YOUUUUUU Dr! That's all. I'm pretty tired heading to bed. Thanks again for the prayers and support! We're very thankful to you all!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I already know I'm going to miss being pregnant... I have loved all of it. Everything. Of course it's not all comfortable but it...
-
Well hello world! It's been a while. Like... A LOONG while. I'm 36 weeks on Wednesday and baby girl can come anytime she wants a we...
-
O dear... this last week I haven't slept much... It's been getting harder to breathe for me and so I wake up lots... and rolling ove...
-
by the end of the day i'm always sticking out WAY farther then in the morning. This was at like 11:30 last night... 15 week belly!
-
I remember people telling me "Oh your life is going to change when you have that baby" like... as a warning? So I was already preg...
No comments:
Post a Comment