Sunday, November 7, 2010

Round 2 of shots... and 6 of fertility meds...

Here we go again. Tonight Sean and I sat together and prepared my tummy for the first injection. Typically what you do is mix 1 part liquid with 1 part of the powder bravell. But with how long and how much help it took last time they changed it to: 1 part liquid and 2 parts bravell. It burned. O goodness. Last time when the meds went into my tummy it burned a tiny bit... nothing bad.
Tonight I nearly passed out as soon as I started injecting the meds. But I made it through. It was a little harder then the last time I'm not sure why. And it bled LOTS. I was amazed when I took the needle out. Sean was amazed, I've never seen him move so fast as he did to stop that blood. He's my sweetie pie. He won't let me do any cleaning or cooking after I do a shot. He just wants me to lay down and rest. That might have a little something to do with me passing out the first time I did a shot...
For the rest of our evening what do we have planned???? My husband has been wandering around the house in a daze saying "I want candy.... I want candy...." So of course he won't let me clean or cook dinner but there are cookies in the oven now!! Just for my sweetie pie. Love him.

1 comment:

Ryan and Allira Nielsen said...

Hi Lauren, I don't know if you remember who I am but we grew up in the same stake and am really good friends with Marie Hawkins/Dixon. I just wanted to let you know that I'm right there with you. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost three years now. We've been on Clomid, done shots, and are now on Femara and have monthly injections and ultrasounds. I know how hard it is to be "patient" as everyone tries to tell you or that it's just not the right time. I'll keep you in my prayers and really, if you ever need to talk to someone who is in the same boat, I'm here! Sorry if that's weird to contact you like this but I know how often we feel lonely about the whole situation. Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

-Allira Nielsen

Popular Posts