Since we moved I've been in an all out decorating mode. Of course.. mostly it's been happening in my mind keeping me up at night. BUT now that the furniture is here and I've decided on color schemes I am ready to go.
Living room: I have been working on the pillows and the curtains and the wall hangings and the pop pieces for this space. It's not that big of a room BUT I'm already loving how it looks in my head. Here are the couches we decided on. Well... the one couch that has two pieces.. It's a dark reddish brown leather and I love them. They are throw up proof. We tested that theory today and the couch won! Great great. Because.. Chase?? He throws up a lot.
here are my projects so far!:
new dining room table and chairs. BUT they are not brand new just new to me. So I'm resurfacing them all top to bottom.
After and Before
I spent 6 long hours on Saturday sanding and cleaning then staining and wiping. It made for sore knees and back and an aching neck. BUT they are turning out beautiful. I can't wait to get it all done and in my house. I'm hoping to have the finished up by middle of this week. I do still need to start on the table itself. I was doing only Chairs on Saturday. When I got home i had stain in my hair, on my face, on my legs (no idea how that happened.. I wore jeans) and I've officially ruined a few articles of clothes. My work clothes (however cute I thought they were when I started) are dirty and I looked like a paint monster when I was done. So. as you can imagine.. way hot. like HOTT hot. nope. No way. I think I even scared Chase.
Thank goodness for close grandmas! Baby Chase got sick of daddy and everyone else and only wanted mommy.. BUT mommy is the only one who can stain a chair properly. It is a fact. Daddy (Sean) tried and I'm going to be redoing that chair tomorrow... Re-sanding it and starting over. So... Luckily Grandma came home in time (right before Sean left with Chase to put him down for a nap at our house) and she worked her Grandma charm and he fell asleep. Sean caught them cuddling and taking a nap together up on her bed. So cute. I begged for a picture but he didn't want to risk waking the sleeping grump( Chase. NOT grandma). So we let them sleep and I got two more chairs done. Super excited for this project to be done and moved into our house! it's all planned in my head and it's PHENOMENAL!
Anyways.. Still lots more to do. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
Here is a peak of baby Chase's room that has been rearranged. I'm loving it!!!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see more pictures of your home!
Post a Comment