Thursday, February 23, 2012

body update

I'm REALLY doing it. I'm happy to say after all my handwork and watching what I eat.... the pounds are coming off. Now it hasn't been without work or trials. My knees have been getting worse and worse. We finally invested in a good pair of runners. They have been amazing. But I alternate between running and the bike.
So since moving up to Bountiful I have lost 4 pounds and I'm feeling good about it. I went down from a size 7 pants (that's what I wore at the end of my pregnancy) to a size 5 and I'm now in a size 3 again. It feels good to look in the mirror and know I have worked for every pound and sweat and cried over it. (Good tears) I'm really proud of myself.
It has been a struggle for me. I know it is for everyone who is working for something that seems out of reach. I was always really tiny and in great shape. But I also was always really active. Soccer. Volleyball. Tennis. Running. Dancing. And i really did a number on my body when we were trying to get pregnant. I sat at home and felt sorry for myself and my situation. Yes it was hard and that took over. BUt thankfully I was blessed with my sweet baby Chase and he has lit up my lift and now... I'm as happy as I ever thought i could be. Here is a little of my workout story.
I hadn't run for nearly two years when I started working out the day Chase turned 4 weeks old. And it showed. My muscles and my lungs screamed at me every time I tried to lift a weight. They yelled when I did lunges and plyometrics. When Tabitha and I hit the hills with the strollers I thought I was going to die!!! My body fought my every move. But I fought back. And now we (my body and I) are working together to be in shape and healthy!
To do what I did my meals have been very planned. I went with the Healthy Choice meals. All having less than 250 calories and I made sure to have healthy snacks on hand. Fruits and Veggies for when I needed to munch on something. The Healthy Choice meals are portioned for a normal meal. We shouldn't be eating more than that at one sitting. Yes! Please snack on healthy things during the day. BUT do not gorge yourself. Try to lay off the red meats. Try and go with Fish! and Chicken! They are much better for you. And RAW veggies and fruits. They will help your body digest the food you are eating.
I'm not saying i know everything about all of this weight stuff. BUT I do know I have a husband who lends his advice. Sean has studied for thousands of hours on the body and getting it to do what we want. Muscle building. Toning. Weight loss. What we should be putting into it and what we need to stay away from. All it takes is one call to him during the day and he has an answer for me. And support! He provides that as well. We had decided that it was not only OK for him to remind me about running but necessary. AND SOMETIMES I GET A LITTLE PEAVED! YES.. Sometimes I hate it. BUT i told him to tell me if I was slacking! He's kind about it and NEVER makes it seem like i NEED to hit the gym for any reason other that health and taking some time for myself.
Sean is great and I'm so thankful he's on my team. AND I'm proud to feel proud of myself and my handwork. The best is when you can see the results on your body and in your energy levels and how you feel daily.
THANKS LOVE!
I'm not saying I've got a rocking photoshopped body. BUT i'm saying because of my hard work I feel so good about what I have done and I am really proud of myself. I had to work really hard and I can't stop. I won't stop. Of course family comes first. My son is ALWAYS before myself. His needs are met and then some before I start working on myself during the day. BUT when he is napping or when Sean gets home.. That's when i hit it hard. And it feels good.

2 comments:

David and Kira said...

Okay, so this is where you are supposed to insert a hot picture of your new bod! Good job, Lauren!!!

Tabitha said...

Oh you are my motivation! After this baby I am DETERMINED to lose all the baby weight (from her and Sawyer). Wish me luck. When I'm feeling lazy I'll send you a text so you can give me a pick me up!

Wish you were still next door so you could be my trainer all summer.

Popular Posts