Friday, December 3, 2010

Faith without works is dead...

Well, what about works without faith? Sometimes I feel like we do all these things but the words "I'm pregnant!" won't ever be spoken by me. BUT daily I'm doing injections, I'm taking pills, I'm going to the DR, and praying for a miracle. And yet when I think about it I don't really know if I believe it will happen. And I'm not saying this out of dispair but just out of the reality of how I feel. I see people every day who are pregnant, I see little tiny babies born out of wedlock, and I see people who are married but don't want children and yet they are pregnant and they are so angry or sad.
Yesterday I actually walked into the bathroom at work and there were like 10 girls standing there in front of the mirror... Our bathroom's really not that big. SO I was a little shocked, but didn't stop just went in to use the bathroom. From outside the stall I hear " Well I guess if you're pregnant you're pregnant and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm Sorry." and the girl I can't see responds... " Yeah.. I guess.. ahhhhhhhhhhh" All of this was spoken with them being sad and in despair. I was so heartbroken for her. She has no idea what a blessing it is to be able to have children. I was talking to Sean last night, and I said "I think we should just be able to get pregnant without medicine and I don't understand why we even need it"... He didn't know what to say except well... "We know what's wrong and we're trying to fix it. The DR's are hopeful and the meds seem to be working." But somehow that doesn't make me feel better. We've been waiting and trying since the day we got married to have a baby. That was over two years ago. And we're still in the same place. A young (of course not as young as we were) married couple who is trying to have a baby. Only now, I'm looking like a pin cushion because of all the needles I've had to stick in myself and I've gained 13 pounds since taking the meds and I feel fat! ha. When we got married I was hole free and in great shape.
Anyhow... My thoughts were about the Scripture that says "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works, shew me thy faith without thy works and I will shew thee my faith by my works." James 2:17-18. So.. When I think that my faith is dead I guess it's not... OF course I course I get sad sometimes, but I'm doing everything I can and so is Sean. Praying, fasting, going to church, poking myself and pumping growth hormones into my body and praying some more.... So I guess I do have faith. I'm doing everything I can and from here? I'll let God help me and do the rest. So yes, someday we'll be able to call all of you and say "We're HAVING A BABY!!" and of course we knew all along we would. We just had to wait longer and work a little harder then some.

3 comments:

Jared and Jessica said...

Lauren, I think you have so much faith!! And it is by faith that miracles occur!! So keep waiting for that miracle. We love you guys!!

SharonB said...

Lauren,
I clicked on your blog through facebook (saw the cute mommy rags). My heart aches for you. We were unable to have more children for health reasons and then waited 5 years to have a baby placed with us. It's so hard to wait for something that you want so desperately. People try to tell you that they know how you feel but they don't and it just hurts. Hang in there and when you feel like you are losing faith coast a little until you get to the faith again. Take Care!
Sharon Ockey Beecroft

Nick and Dani said...

I'm counting down the days to December 10 to see what the results are this time around.

Popular Posts