HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!
What are you doing? Its 1:30pm here in Seoul and I was just thinking about you. Sean and I toured the city today finding lots of places to eat and shop... We got a few cute things, and found a GREAT place to eat! Lunch for both of us for only $7.00 PLUS you don't tip them here. AND I am sure they wouldn't have earned a great tip. Shouting and telling us to get our own water any how but that's fine. Its been good. We got up at 5:30 am here WOW shocker huh! and headed to the gym.... WELL its 2:30PM your TIME so really we were being lazy. But that is fine. Its been nice to not have to share Sean with school and the library. He is all mine BUT I do feel like I miss out on information being told to us in conversation with the locals, Sean is not great at relaying it back to me. They talk for 5 minutes and he only tells me a 15 second summary. "let me esPLAIN, no wait. There is too much. let me sum UP" that is what he does all the day. Its been fun. He really loves it here, just talking and showing me what is what and ordering my food so I have no idea what is coming for me. Its been so interesting watching him interact with the people here. He loves the culture so much. I will try to get you guys some pictures but I don't know how we will do that now that we are here. We have been taking them but we can't use our laptop we have to use a community computer and I don't want to put a bunch of pictures of Sean and I on it. Out hotel that we are at is nice. Just perfect for us. THE only thing is the air conditioning doesn't work. They keep saying it will but our room is almost 80 degrees right now... So we shall see. There are slippers (plastic ones) that we wear in the bathroom and a place to set our shoes before we put on our house slippers. Sean thinks its funny how I forget for just one second BUT very quickly correct my mistake by leaping off the house floor in my outside shoes not wanting to do something I am not supposed to. I want to do it right and take in all the culture. When we go home I am sure we will have a NO shoes rule in our own home. It makes sense. I think I like it. HOUSE SLIPPERS it will be!!!O today, I got a BEAUTIFUL skirt for $3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS IT! Its so cute and I will look KOREAN for sure in it. maybe... Sean and I also got a pair of korean walking shoes that are cute and black... and will match everything. We got him 2 suits made just for him. TAILORED to his big shoulders and TINY waist. THey should look awesome! I can't wait to see them. We get to pick those up on Friday @ 7:00pm. They man was really nice that is doing that. He speaks self taught english and he is wonderful at it. He calls himself the jokeman (its on his business card!!!) He said when he retires from making suits in 5 years he will go on tour telling jokes like Jim Carey and he listed off a bunch of others, Jamie Fox.. hahahaha, stuff we really don't listen to, but he was VERY enthusiastic about it. Sean and I told him we will come back in 5 years and sit on the front row and cheer him on. He tailored suits for Bill Clinton and his brother. Had a bunch of pictures up in his office of it. He was very proud. He did 30 suits each. Impressive. (he was very proud) He told us jokes about our home town.. I didn't really understand them but Sean laughed hard and when he laughs I end up laughing too. And the man was so goo at delivering them I had to give him a standing ovation. We came back to the hotel where we are staying for the afternoon. Sean is going to try and teach me Korean. And I am going to go try it out someday (when he is at work and I am bored!!!! hahah NOT) I can't imagine being bored here. There are so many things to see. anyhow.. I am going to run across the street real quick and grab a snack. LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!! I will write more to you later.
Miss you lOVE You
LAUREN STEWARTWhat are you doing? Its 1:30pm here in Seoul and I was just thinking about you. Sean and I toured the city today finding lots of places to eat and shop... We got a few cute things, and found a GREAT place to eat! Lunch for both of us for only $7.00 PLUS you don't tip them here. AND I am sure they wouldn't have earned a great tip. Shouting and telling us to get our own water any how but that's fine. Its been good. We got up at 5:30 am here WOW shocker huh! and headed to the gym.... WELL its 2:30PM your TIME so really we were being lazy. But that is fine. Its been nice to not have to share Sean with school and the library. He is all mine BUT I do feel like I miss out on information being told to us in conversation with the locals, Sean is not great at relaying it back to me. They talk for 5 minutes and he only tells me a 15 second summary. "let me esPLAIN, no wait. There is too much. let me sum UP" that is what he does all the day. Its been fun. He really loves it here, just talking and showing me what is what and ordering my food so I have no idea what is coming for me. Its been so interesting watching him interact with the people here. He loves the culture so much. I will try to get you guys some pictures but I don't know how we will do that now that we are here. We have been taking them but we can't use our laptop we have to use a community computer and I don't want to put a bunch of pictures of Sean and I on it. Out hotel that we are at is nice. Just perfect for us. THE only thing is the air conditioning doesn't work. They keep saying it will but our room is almost 80 degrees right now... So we shall see. There are slippers (plastic ones) that we wear in the bathroom and a place to set our shoes before we put on our house slippers. Sean thinks its funny how I forget for just one second BUT very quickly correct my mistake by leaping off the house floor in my outside shoes not wanting to do something I am not supposed to. I want to do it right and take in all the culture. When we go home I am sure we will have a NO shoes rule in our own home. It makes sense. I think I like it. HOUSE SLIPPERS it will be!!!O today, I got a BEAUTIFUL skirt for $3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS IT! Its so cute and I will look KOREAN for sure in it. maybe... Sean and I also got a pair of korean walking shoes that are cute and black... and will match everything. We got him 2 suits made just for him. TAILORED to his big shoulders and TINY waist. THey should look awesome! I can't wait to see them. We get to pick those up on Friday @ 7:00pm. They man was really nice that is doing that. He speaks self taught english and he is wonderful at it. He calls himself the jokeman (its on his business card!!!) He said when he retires from making suits in 5 years he will go on tour telling jokes like Jim Carey and he listed off a bunch of others, Jamie Fox.. hahahaha, stuff we really don't listen to, but he was VERY enthusiastic about it. Sean and I told him we will come back in 5 years and sit on the front row and cheer him on. He tailored suits for Bill Clinton and his brother. Had a bunch of pictures up in his office of it. He was very proud. He did 30 suits each. Impressive. (he was very proud) He told us jokes about our home town.. I didn't really understand them but Sean laughed hard and when he laughs I end up laughing too. And the man was so goo at delivering them I had to give him a standing ovation. We came back to the hotel where we are staying for the afternoon. Sean is going to try and teach me Korean. And I am going to go try it out someday (when he is at work and I am bored!!!! hahah NOT) I can't imagine being bored here. There are so many things to see. anyhow.. I am going to run across the street real quick and grab a snack. LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!! I will write more to you later.
Miss you lOVE You
P.S. don't feel bad if you don't want to hear all about our trip! just let me know! I will make sure to not fill up your in BOX!!
3 comments:
Lauren! Youre in KOREA! Oh my heck, how neat is that?! I am so super jealous. I hope you have SO much fun and take lots of pictures and keep blogging about it! I love to hear about your adventures. Love you and be safe!
I love hearing about what is going on. Thats so cool that you will have a few months to be somewhere totally new. I hope that you have fun and you have to take lots of cool pictures. and post them when you get the chance.
I have a friend from Taiwan and she says that it's cheaper to eat out than cook the food yourself. I guess that's true in Korea. It sounds like such a fun adventure and the perfect time to do it before you have any kids!
Post a Comment