Hello all! And by all I mean the VERY few who actually take time to read this. Sean and I moved from one end of Seoul right into the heart of th city, from hotel to apartment. We had a large room with AC and right by the subway and maid service, and a gym right in our basement. NOW we have a bed...and a glass walled bathroom (NO joke, look RIGHT in) and we share a kitchen with EVERYONE else on the green floor (that is what they call it. not sure why) which is code for the 17 floor, the top floor that the elavator doesn't even go to! AND I LOVE IT! WE LOVE IT! I never knew when I moved to Utah last year I would be spending my next summer abroad, with my wonderful husband eating cow blood (or hiding it... PRETENDING I ate it) and smelling like kimchi. This is the life and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Sean is learning how Korean law works and I am seeing a part of his life that made him who he is today.
Since I last wrote, Sean and I made a trip down to Junju (NO idea how to spell it) where he served his mission. Here are a few emails I wrote home about what is going on here:
(MONDAY THIS WEEk)
Hello from Seoul, in the lobby of our hotel on a SUPER rainy day! So today is Sean's first day of work. He looked wonderful in his new suit that we got made TO FIT HIS SHOULDERS and narrow waist! I was so proud of him. He looks the part. This last weekend we went down to where Sean served his mission. In Junju, Korea. and I have to say I liked that more then I do up here. There is something of a small town feel to it and the people are nicer. (If that is possible. Korean's are EXTREMELY polite) And the kids loved us. We stayed with a man he baptized and he married a lady from their ward and they have 2 little girls now. One is about 3 and the other is 11 months. But in korean time that is 4 years old and 2. I will explain later how they get old so fast hahahaa. We went down saturday afternoon and we walked ALL over the town. Looking at EVERYTHING and talking to everyone. We had SPEGHETTI for dinner!! Funny thing is ALL the american food here makes me sick. NOTHING Korean does.... SO we have to eat that. A family he loved very much took us out for dinner before we headed over to that man's house he baptized. And they ordered more food then I thought any of us could eat. There was only 4 of us and we had two tables with two grills going full of meat that they kept reloading. AND THAT was only the "meat" not the meal. AFTER that comes more. HUGE bowls of rice or noodles. The lady tried to feed me cow blood and Sean went along with it but her daughter who speaks VERY good english told me what it was and stopped me. SHE SAID NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! its BLOOD!!.... um... cow blood!!??? so I hid it in my plate!
(MONDAY this week)
Hey there daddy of mine! YOu will not believe what I just did! I did the SUBWAY ALL THE WAY downtown to Sean's work by MYSELF! and I did it PERFECT! I definately have your sense of direction, I think you would be proud of me... And all my eating! I AM REALLY DOING IT! KOREAN STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm GOOD! Kimchi and EVERYTHING! The only think I haven't eaten was the cow's blood! BUT besides that I am doing GREAT! I hope you had a great time with the girls! I bet they are loving you so much! Their FAVORITE grandpa. Miss you!
LOVE YOU
LAUREN
ps SEAN is the one that wants to eat McDonalds!!!!!!!
anyhow.. I gotta to get my laundry, our whole floor shares 3 washers so I gotta be quick. More later and some pictures too!!! TONIGHT!!
PEACE OUT FROM KOREA!!!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I already know I'm going to miss being pregnant... I have loved all of it. Everything. Of course it's not all comfortable but it...
-
Well hello world! It's been a while. Like... A LOONG while. I'm 36 weeks on Wednesday and baby girl can come anytime she wants a we...
-
O dear... this last week I haven't slept much... It's been getting harder to breathe for me and so I wake up lots... and rolling ove...
-
by the end of the day i'm always sticking out WAY farther then in the morning. This was at like 11:30 last night... 15 week belly!
No comments:
Post a Comment