Thursday, June 30, 2011

pregnancy up to this point..

Well life seems to be flying by as does this pregnancy. I mean... 10 months is a long time but I feel like it's going by really fast. I don't know if I'll be able to get everything done I want to! O dear... I hope I can. Maybe I'll have some extra help (any lady volunteers to help a 8 month pregnant lady pack and clean before the move!!!???) I know Sean will try and I love him for that.. HAA
baby is now?? over 17 inches long and about 4 and a half pounds. He is super healthy and very active. My DR did say at this point with how small my torso is and how close my ribs are to my hips I have a very uncomfortable baby and the rest of my pregnancy will be even harder than it is today. I can't imagine that. I've been hurting pretty much 24/7 for the last 3 weeks and my ribs on the right side are really sore and sleep is not happening. And breathing?? I guess I don't need as much air as I thought because I'm sure not getting it. Bending?? Who needs to bend. If I drop something that's where it stays. Right there on the floor. Unless I have a willing do-gooder there to rescue my pen or phone or anything off the floor. Let's see here.. Lowering myself into the bathtub?? O dear... haaaaaaaa. I'm sure that's funny to watch and if only you could be a fly on the way (IF it were appropriate) to see that art of bending and breathing and hard work in action... it's pretty funny.
Baby acrobatics. My child keeps me up and he wakes me up and he plays games all day. You can see just about every move he makes at this point and I love watching that. He's so funny and cute and I can't wait to see what he looks like.
Moving.. yes we should be the last weekend in July. Any men who have availability to come to the house to help!!??? I'll buy you pizza and pop for the help!!! July 30th!! lend your trucks or trailers or hands and backs!! whichever you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course you'll be showered with blessings for helping the pregnant lady out!!!
here goes the packing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Scott and Lori Smith said...

Scott was so good when it came to things being on the floor that I couldn't get to! My problem was when I bent over, I would have a braxton hicks contraction that didn't feel to great. Hopefully you don't experience that! I'm so excited for you!!

Ashley said...

oh bending over was killer and so was shaving my legs so to say the least Travis learned how to shave legs and not cut me:) that was something that i couldn't do so he had to do that every sat. night for church the next morning and that was all i would ask for was once a week. and be grateful that your not on bed-rest that is the worst thing in the world.... i am soooo sooo excited and happy for y'all that this is finally happening for yah your going to be the best mom every to your little guy!!! and hopefully y'all wont have a hard time next time if you try for a sibling all your prayer have been answered and will continue to be answered

Jenni said...

You're doing great! Hang in there - you're in the homestretch. Although for me anything past 34 weeks seemed like it was an eternity!

I have a very short waist as well and so both of my babies were crammed in there and my belly had no where to go but out. I also had rib issues - 5 dislocated ribs. :( I had to see an obstetric physical therapist every week to get them put back into place. BUt it's all good - almost within an hour of giving birth my ribs stopped hurting and I felt pretty darn good :)

Popular Posts