So for the last 3 weeks all I have been doing is reading about cars online... And then?? traveling all over to dealerships looking for the "one". (Also, I have been talking to private sellers) Holy cow what a process. I mean... YES buying a car is a huge deal and it's very important for the next few years what kind I get, the money we decide to spend or NOT spend... and safety? That is my number one. Well... I have placed an offer in on hmmmm I think at this point 4 cars?? BUT they just were not willing to come down to the point that first of all, we felt the car was worth, and 2nd of all the what we wanted to pay and 3rd of all... it's fun to talk price and get it for the dollar amount I set. And not a penny more. That means, NO dealer fees, NO ANY OTHER FEES. The price of the car WE AGREE on and tax. No more.Well... after spending 3 very stressful weeks driving a car that shuts off WHILE I'm driving it I was finally just done and ready to feel safe in my vehicle. Especially while being so pregnant? I couldn't even imagine getting into a car accident at this point. So nope. I was not willing to compromise our saftey. But also as a couple, we were not willing to spend anything CLOSE to what the banks said they would lend us. And we wanted to make sure our monthly payments were low.. VERY low, while still getting a really good car for our money and efforts.So?? After talking to dealers about a Pontiac Aztek (which I liked) and a Volkswagon Passat (which I also liked) and a Audi Quatro (which I liked) I finally found a car i LOVED that was in perfect condition, safe and much newer than the other cars I was looking at. Also... less miles. We found a Nissan Altima that we both really love. It's a great looking car and it has a large backseat for my child and car seat and another couple passengers. Also.. it just was well kept! The dash looked great with the CR player and not old like the other cars that had been in our price range and someone took great care of it when they owned it. That I appreciate. Since becoming a mother to be I have taken a whole new outlook on the word 'clean'. Yes.. I like things put away and the house vacuumed and everything in its place.. But BOY do i discenfect on a whole new level. When I clean out the tub and the sinks and even the toilet I clean them. Then I clean them again. (Rinsing and drying in between so I can check for ANYthing that's not perfectly done) and then I clean them again. And believe me there WILL be a white glove inspection when I'm done.. or when Sean's done... And so I just wanted my car to be the same. Very VERY clean. I don't want to put my child into a 'clean' car. I want to put him into a mother in her crazed nesting phase CLEAN car.
So I was happy to find that this great, Maroon Nissan Altima 2003 that was low on miles and had a clean title and new breaks was the car for us.
WE get to go pick it up on Monday. It'll be detailed this weekend (just needs some vacuuming) and they were checking on thing on the car for us and then??? We get to leave with our car and I can drive it SAFELY to work every day till August 1st when I quit my job and then after that? I can use it to drive my little lovey baby around wherever he needs to go! YAY!! Can't wait to be a mommy!!! (And my car seat will look FANTASTIC in there! and the Trunk had lots of room for his stroller. WOOOOO HOOOOO! What a day it was.
1 comment:
Uggh! I'm so jealous! That is a great car!
Post a Comment