Sunday, May 1, 2011

lots and LOTS of things

since I posted last... well life keeps moving and it's hard to get caught back up once you miss out on your journal for a bit.. So I'll just do the things that have been happening these last two weeks... Sean graduated. California dreaming...hitting 25 weeks....




So Friday April 21st my wonderful husband graduated from BYU-law school and is now a JD. I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard the last three years to be able to put on that cap and gown and walk across that stage with his head held high while his wife cries up in the stands. And it was great. I won't forget that day. He looked so good in that black cap and gown. What a great day that was for both of us.




Yes I was and have been California dreaming for a LONG time. I have been waiting and WAITING patiently for the trip out to CA to see my wonderful family. And the car ride finally arrived. And boy was it a long car ride. On the way out there we broke it up into two days. We left after he graduated and drove till about 1am then went to sleep and woke up at 7am and kept on driving. I drove about12 of the 14 hours out there. I was so excited to go I just kept on driving and driving. AND there are parts of the road where I cannot be a passenger. I'll get so sick. And we nearly ran out of gas... and we had to stop and potty lots because I'm pregnant... and our little boy Rush had to take bathroom breaks lots of times too. But we finally made it! We got to CA to see my family!!!! I went shopping with my mom... and to dinner with them all.... my mom and I made baby Chase a quilt from the fabrics I brought out there, and from some she added to my pile with some from her fabric closet. And let me tell you.. about 13 hours later?? His quilt is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was lots of work, but I'm perfectly happy with it. I designed the whole things, and i ironed and my mom cut and sewed and we worked and worked and worked and worked and worked.. AND THEN... it was DONE!!! We also got to go to the hospital where my mom works and have an ultrasound done so she could see baby Chase in action. He was such a good sport. showing all his funny things he loves to do and making sure we could still see his face and little feet and all of the important things.


and NEXT??? this Thursday I'll be 25 weeks pregnant!! MEANING... I only have 15 weeks left! and it's all growing bigger and gaining more weight from here! I can't believe we're well over half way done and we're going to be parents soon! What a great thing. We have looked forward to this for so long and it seems now that we don't have enough time to prepare.. to find a house... get it all in order.. move.. Pack up the house I'm in.. Get our life RESETTLED before the baby arrives... THEN become a mommy. O dear.. Lots of things BuT we cannot wait. What a great year this will be.

1 comment:

kinsley said...

your so cute!!!!! i hope to look like you when im prego!

Popular Posts