Thursday, March 17, 2011

nesting..........

No one said HOW deep I would be nesting... I'm not complaining one bit..
I've actually really enjoyed the nesting overdrive
I have plunged into...
I just had no idea how strong the urge would be.
Today I enlisted my husband for an extra EXTRA deep
clean in our bathrooms... Little did he know the
crazed witch I would become as he did not match up to my
white glove standards. Neither did I.
I took the upstairs bathroom, getting down on hands and knees
to use a q-tip in the corners and everywhere else it would fit.
I cleaned each sink 3 times.. Then did it a 4th just to be safe.
I then cleaned the tub out 3 times... And was starting my 4th
when Sean came to check on me. ( I had been in the bathroom
for.... maybe 2 hours??? ) Checking and rechecking.
And it looked beautiful.
I sent him downstairs while I finished up drying the sinks and
redoing the mirrors.....
I should have known he was done to quickly.
I went in and immediately spotted something in the sink..
THEN A FUZZ left on the counter... THEN.. and THEN.. and THEN...
It didn't stop... Sean finally says to me "Wow I didn't know
I'd have to pass a white glove test!"
I said "GO AND GIVE ME A WHITE GLOVE TEST!!! I'd PASS!"
He immediately started laughing... I took a minute... Working the next
thoughts I had to strangle him and flush him down the toilet out of my mind.
And said "Thank you honey, for cleaning the bathroom."
He smiles and replies "you're welcome."
I was not being serious when I thanked him... Poor Sean.
BUT I do realize he did put in a good few minutes of effort
when he should be doing his 30 page thesis paper for graduating
from BYU-Law school...
So I tell him "Well.. how about I go in there in the dark??
THEN tell you how clean it is..." He seemed to think that was a good idea.
AND I could honestly say it looked fabulous with the lights off.
I love my good and patient husband.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

When I was still in the hospital after delivering my firstborn, husband went home to SPOTLETIZE the house. Came home and found that he'd thrown a piece of material over a very large pile of stuff he didn't know what to do with. Yeah. Nice. Bless his heart.

Nick and Dani said...

Hahaha! Poor Sean! I remember when my mom had her fifth child my aunt came over and cleaned our whole house, spotless! (I hope when I have more babies Nick can hire a maid service or something!)

Popular Posts