Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference weekend!




So I would have to say the this weekend was a success! My parents and my baby brother came for conference weekend. To go to conference but to also meet Sean's family. I did not worry for a second about either families. Both are SO wonderful. They are actually quite a bit alike and that made for a fun weekend with a very full house. My parents along with Trevor (my little brother) and his buddy Braden, and then Sean and I stayed in Farmington for the whole weekend hanging out, eating, joking, laughing, taking economic crisis and just getting to know one another. I am so blessed with such a big fun loving family. And my family loved theirs, I got raving reviews from them when i dropped them off at the hotel last night. I LOVE MY LIFE! (And only 47 days till I get married to Sean. Six weeks and 5 days! )
So this weekend, we had a full schedule. Starting off right from the airport we headed to Cabela's. Just for my dad. He has been holding to a gift card for there and not been able to use it. AND BOY was it burning a hole in his pocket. My mom and I went too. Yeah... I know Funny picture, can you just see it. High heels and fancy pants walking all over the largest sporting goods store EVER invented? It was as ridiculous as it sounds. I promise. We tried on all the funny hats, (camo hats? and snow camo hats? and also some funny ones.. not sure what their purpose is, but I KNOW you could rob a bank in them SCARY) So after running around trying on the hunting attire and pretending to be the animals we were off onto bigger and better things!
THE OUTBACK steakhouse. Another novelty my parents don't have in Arcata, CA. So yes we took the whole crew there, mom dad, Lauren and Sean, then Trevor and Braden. It was fun, and also VERY entertaining. Trevor has a broken elbow and he STILL ordered a full rack of ribs and finnished them all before the rest of us are done and they were completely cleaned off! He looked rather funny while doing it but he was rubbing his tummy and sitting back waiting for the rest of us to finnish. Gotta love my little brother. And of course my dad made his faces that he does, twisted lips and all that. And mom and I just smiled and ate our dinner while Sean took it all in.
Of course we had to pause and take some pictures (which I will upload later) But it was so entertaining to see my family in action, even though they were not all there. If you can just imagine all the jokes and stories and faces times three that would be it.
Let's see... So we did all that then finally we were off to Sean's parents house in Farmington. It was so much fun. I LOVED to watch them all together. I love them all so much it was so amazing to see it, my two families all in the same room. I love them all. Anyhow.. Lots of fun. AND also my Mom got to see conference for the first time IN the conference center, and my Dad I think too. The protesters outside really surprised them. My mom couldn't believe it.
And also it was neat to share that with Sean. That was our first conference together. It is so neat and very touching to be able to walk into the conference center and be able to share my faith and hope and love of Heavenly Father with Sean. And he supports and feels the same. It blows my mind. What a way to start our lives together. Built on trust and faith and a goal that is the same for our eternal future.

3 comments:

David and Kira said...

Gosh, with you and Trevor in those camo hats, you could be twins!!

Enriquez Family said...

ok so lets just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE your yellow shirt you have on! Im soo glad that you had so much fun. I love your family. I have been thinking alot lately about the fun times we had as little kids on Camano Island and the sweatshirts we made, forts we played in, I miss it some! lOVE YOU!

Shannon said...

LAUREN! Its your BFF Shannon :)

I am so stinking excited for you! I'm glad your family and Sean's get along. Mine and Johns families are COMPLETE opposited!

I love you girly and cant wait for your wedding!

Popular Posts