So yes... the end is drawing near and soon my sweet baby will be here. (that rhymes) It's becoming surreal for me as a women and wife that soon I will not only be taking care of the needs of my husband (and dog and cat) I'll have a son. Sean and I spent so much time waiting and wishing and praying that I can't believe my sweet little boy has finally decided he's nearly ready to join our family. Years of tears and watching everyone else's joy, then months of waiting and enjoying being pregnant and not having to share my son with anyone is all coming to a head to the big "D day" that is just around the corner.

Fears:
1. my baby being healthy
2. not knowing when or if I'm in labor3. having a fast hard labor and not making it to the hospital or a 48 hour labor...
4. the unknown of labor and delivery (i don't know much so.. that's quite a bit) (PLEASE don't share horror stories with a first time expectant mother)
5. my epidural running out or not working....
Exciting moments I can't wait for:
1. Seeing my son for the first time
2. Holding him and introducing myself to him for real and not just through my belly
3. Looking at his little hands and feet
4. Becoming a mother
5. Watching Sean with his son for the first time
6. Sean becoming a father (he was born to do that)
7. Seeing my family together for the first time as father, mother and son
8. Introducing my son to his grandparents and aunts and uncles.
9. Learning how to breastfeed
10. Getting to wake up at night with MY SON
11. Being the one he cries for (cause you know baby boys love their mama)
12. Bringing Chase Christopher Stewart home
13. Changing MY baby boy's diapers
14. Sean getting peed on.... (hAAAAAAAAAAA can you just imagine!?)
15. Looking at my son and knowing he is mine and Sean's and he made me a mother and Sean a Father.
16. The baby blessing... It will be so fantastic and also the 1st time my dad and siblings will meet my son, and to hear what Sean and Heavenly Father say to my son
17. My mom coming to stay with us (Sean, myself and baby Chase)
18. Giving my baby baths (he might not be excited about this but I sure am!)
19. Showing off my little one to everyone I love
20. Being a family for the first time.
So obviously the exciting things WAY outweigh the fears. So at this point i just cant wait to my son's safe and timely arrival (I'm hoping...) I just want to see his little face!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Amen! If someone starts telling you a horror story, say thanks but no thanks! If you want to read a good one, go to by blog where I posted Addilyn's birth. It was truly amazing and I am so happy I went all natural. Recovery was a breeze!
Awe so happy for you Lauren. And I agree don't read or listen to "horror birth stories". People will always try to tell you the bad stuff. I actually read a lot of GOOD stories before I had my boys and it helped a lot! Made me sooooo grateful. I had csections but I totally don't regret anything and am so grateful for modern medicine. Things will work out beautifully and you'll be great!
you look stunning!!! I was a doula for many births and in every single experience, the goods far outweighed the bads!! you sound so ready and I can't wait to hear all about it!!
My wife had a really positive experience giving birth to our son, which we think was largely in part to the amount of preparation she put in to preparing for labor. She prepared herself by learning relaxation techniques, optimal pushing positions, and common medical options that may have been presented to us. By doing this, we went in fully informed without needing to fear the unknown. Being able to relax also made it a lot easier for the baby to come out too.
Use what time you have left to prepare, and you can have a good experience giving birth. The more preparation you can do, the less fear you will have.
My wife has some really good resources if you're interested. Let me know if we can help you de-stress about giving birth or answer any questions.
Post a Comment