So far.. here is what my body has done in the progress of labor:
1. NOTHING
and I'm due in 4 days... I have another appt today to see if any tiny little thing is happening... But so far no dice. no luck.. no hope of the end.. we're still very pregnant. dang dang.
Well... it's given me time to do some "me things" before his big grand entrance so I can't say all the waiting is all bad. I have gotten my toes done! and gone swimming and laid out by the pool! And I took my time cleaning everything like I have wanted to! AnD I have been able to spend some quite time at home reflecting on the last couple years and months and time I've been able to spend with my sweet husband.
When we got married and wanted kids right off I had no idea what I might be missing out on if they had actually come when we wanted them to. Sean and I have spent the last 3 years (well.. 2 and 3/4) playing house and getting to know each other. We have become better friends and great loves. It's been wonderful. Of course being a newlywed is fantastic but can I say IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER!! I love my companion... my husband... my very best friend... and I love that he knows me so well. I can't put anything past him. And he thinks I'm funny.. Even still. He is a great man and I love the time we've had as just husband and wife. Don't get me wrong in any way I would have LOVED to have children instead of the emotional roller coaster we had in trying for so long.. BUT i have been very blessed to have my husband to myself for the last few years. And now? I'm ready to share him with our son!!! I can't wait for baby Chase to finally grace us with his amazingly sweet presence. Sean keeps saying "It's finally our turn!! Its OUR turn!!" He's so excited to be a dad and I can't wait to be there to see that day!!! So.. Mr Chase... PLEASE ARRIVE SOON! MOMMY IS SICK OF BEING A HOUSE! (the throwing up and passing out and not being able to sit even until the sacrament is passed is getting old!) Hurry up and arrive... We can't wait to see that face!!! LOVE YOU SON!!!!
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I already know I'm going to miss being pregnant... I have loved all of it. Everything. Of course it's not all comfortable but it...
-
Well hello world! It's been a while. Like... A LOONG while. I'm 36 weeks on Wednesday and baby girl can come anytime she wants a we...
-
O dear... this last week I haven't slept much... It's been getting harder to breathe for me and so I wake up lots... and rolling ove...
-
by the end of the day i'm always sticking out WAY farther then in the morning. This was at like 11:30 last night... 15 week belly!
-
We went in today for our baseline appointment to make sure my body is back to normal after all the meds we had to take last month. When we ...
4 comments:
No one is pregnant forever, you'll get to hold your baby soon. Most first timers go until 41 weeks, and don't show signs until they actually go into labor. With my first I had no progress at one appointment, and went into labor 2 days later. You'll get there. Try to enjoy the last few days/weeks. Good luck!
I remember with Preston (my first born) I had high hopes of going early too! :) We tried EVERYTHING from spicy food, bumpy car rides, to that eggplant parmasiana recipe (heard of it? google it if not). He was a week late, and I actually had to be induced! It was sooooo hard and I remember being really miserable and feeling huge. BUT I also remember all the "last" things Will and I did together as a couple before being a family of three. We went on our last date, our last movie theater, last dinner, etc....and now that we are a family of four I really treasure those lasts. :) Don't get me wrong, I love my little boys but it seems like soooo long ago that it was JUST my hubby and I and I do miss that sometimes. :) Not often but I do miss it. Thank goodness for grandma and grandpas and babysitters. Don't worry....before you know it your little one will be here, and it seems like they always know the right time to come. So hang in there.
Lauren, you are so unbelievably cute! You are going to be an awesome mommy! And you are going to love it, everything little thing ur baby does you will think Is so cute and will want everyone to see. I don't think I knew you had been wanting a baby from the beginning. I'm so happy for you that you finally get your little peanut. I was 4days early with Landon and a week late with Lily Jo so you can't really be too sure when it will happen. If you ask the dr to scrape your membrane that can help put you into labor it did for me. Anyways good luck, and have to much fun while he is tiny because soon he will be terrorizing your house but you will only love him more!
If your still sick and since your only 4 days from your due date I would just ask to be induced. At least that's me:) Good luck today!
Post a Comment