
hey there mom! I just wanted to put together a little list of things you taught me to do... in all the years you have given me, you gave me more then you knew, more then I knew too so don't feel bad!
it all started at a very young age.... I don't remember everything but a few things I do remember....
1. I remember washing my hair by myself (with a bar of soap...) just the ends. Not up top by the roots. but I was going to do it just like you told me.
2. Cutting my hair. Boy was I good at that. I still do it. To this day I will cut my bangs and nothing else, of course not as short as I did, never to the scalp again. But I don't let anyone else do it.
3. Saying my prayers, you taught me how to do it. How to get down on my knees and pray.
4. Jesus Christ. You taught me who he is, why he loves me, and where I can go EVERY Sunday to learn more about him and how to be better. You gave me the first bits and pieces of my testimony.
5. How to sing. Haaa. there way music at our house since I was little. The first song I remember you loving, and teaching me to love was "Grandma's Note" I still know all the words and can sing them. Every time that song comes on in the car I tell Sean about it... He knows the story very well. But I still tell it.
6. How to curl my hair... you got me that old curling iron and showed me how to do it.
7. How to take care of our animals... Good Dog Carl. you told me it was okay to cry when he died, and you stayed up with me.
8. When I had growing pains you taught me how to take care of it, of course nothing made it better like you rubbing it out, not the hot bath, or the heating pad, or me doing the rubbing. There was something in you doing it for me.
9. How to make Carmel popcorn, and you didn't make fun of me too bad when I used the wrong kind of coco. ( drinking... not baking)
10. How to walk on stage, in front of hundreds of people talking, singing, dancing, wearing high heels and doing my best and really having fun. I saw how you were so confident in your abilities, but also in me. I could do anything. (it did help that we won all the time too...)
11. You taught me that you could dance... HAAA on stage, in front a tons of people and when you fell you did a SPIN move the world had never seen just to make me happy! The girls loved it!!!! And I was again, so proud to yell "THAT'S MY MOM!!!!" from the crowd, in the front row.
12. You taught me how to do dishes, clean, laundry, and all that.
13. How to work, getting a job was easy, if I could just get in for the interview. That is something I learned from you.
14. I can talk to anyone anywhere, about anything. because you taught me people are good and if you show an interest in others, it can help them and show them that people are still good.
15. Being a girl. you taught me all the things that a girl needs to know about looking good, but about how being good was more important.
16. How to love. Everyone that comes into my life leaves a little footprint on it. And its the same the other way as well. Leave a good footprint. You loved everyone we met. Remember that game. The compliment one? you say one then I say one... usually a waitress?? back and forth we went. Telling them EVERYTHING we could think of that was true...? ha now its just a natural habit. people don't say enough good things. If I see something, or hear something and I appreciate it I tell them.
17. How to sew. Remember when I used to mess up your sewing machine all the time? I was making those little purses.... HAAAA and pillows, and whatever else i could put together?
18. You taught me how to be funny.... haaa and boy am I funny. well, Sean thinks so. He still says that I am the first girl he met that he thought was funny, he said girls just are not funny... BOY was he wrong. He had never met a Floyd girl.
19. How to make a decision and follow thruuu, you said whenever I made up my mind that was it. Nothing else. I just did it. And that is because you taught me to be strong, to know what I am doing and to do it. To ask for help when I need it. But to do it. Never drag it out!
20. YOU TAUGHT ME HOW A MOM is. and one day, when Sean and I have babies I will be a GREAT mom because you taught me how. You showed me every day of my life how much a mother loves her child. You were my mamma bear. and I love you.
I read a note my grandma wrote back in 1923,
Grandpa kept it in his coat And he showed once to me
He said now son you might not understand
But a long long time ago,
Gandma's daddy didn't like me none
But i loved your grandma so
We had this crazy plan to meet
And run away together
Get married in the first town we came too, and live forever
but nailed to the tree where we were supposed to meet, instead
I found this letter, and this is what it said:
If you get there before i do Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I dont knwo how long I'll be
But im not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
'Cause between now and then,
till i see you again I'll be loving you, love me
I read these words just hours before
My grandma passed away
In the doorway of the church where me and grandpa stop to pray
I know i've never seen him cry In all my 15 years,
but as he read these words to her,
His eyes filled up with tears.
If you get there before i do Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I dont know how long I'll be
But im not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
'Cause between now and then, till i see you again I
'll be loving you, love me
If you get there before i do Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I dont know how long I'll be
But im not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
'Cause between now and then,
till i see you again I'll be loving you, love me
it all started at a very young age.... I don't remember everything but a few things I do remember....
1. I remember washing my hair by myself (with a bar of soap...) just the ends. Not up top by the roots. but I was going to do it just like you told me.
2. Cutting my hair. Boy was I good at that. I still do it. To this day I will cut my bangs and nothing else, of course not as short as I did, never to the scalp again. But I don't let anyone else do it.
3. Saying my prayers, you taught me how to do it. How to get down on my knees and pray.
4. Jesus Christ. You taught me who he is, why he loves me, and where I can go EVERY Sunday to learn more about him and how to be better. You gave me the first bits and pieces of my testimony.
5. How to sing. Haaa. there way music at our house since I was little. The first song I remember you loving, and teaching me to love was "Grandma's Note" I still know all the words and can sing them. Every time that song comes on in the car I tell Sean about it... He knows the story very well. But I still tell it.
6. How to curl my hair... you got me that old curling iron and showed me how to do it.
7. How to take care of our animals... Good Dog Carl. you told me it was okay to cry when he died, and you stayed up with me.
8. When I had growing pains you taught me how to take care of it, of course nothing made it better like you rubbing it out, not the hot bath, or the heating pad, or me doing the rubbing. There was something in you doing it for me.
9. How to make Carmel popcorn, and you didn't make fun of me too bad when I used the wrong kind of coco. ( drinking... not baking)
10. How to walk on stage, in front of hundreds of people talking, singing, dancing, wearing high heels and doing my best and really having fun. I saw how you were so confident in your abilities, but also in me. I could do anything. (it did help that we won all the time too...)
11. You taught me that you could dance... HAAA on stage, in front a tons of people and when you fell you did a SPIN move the world had never seen just to make me happy! The girls loved it!!!! And I was again, so proud to yell "THAT'S MY MOM!!!!" from the crowd, in the front row.
12. You taught me how to do dishes, clean, laundry, and all that.
13. How to work, getting a job was easy, if I could just get in for the interview. That is something I learned from you.
14. I can talk to anyone anywhere, about anything. because you taught me people are good and if you show an interest in others, it can help them and show them that people are still good.
15. Being a girl. you taught me all the things that a girl needs to know about looking good, but about how being good was more important.
16. How to love. Everyone that comes into my life leaves a little footprint on it. And its the same the other way as well. Leave a good footprint. You loved everyone we met. Remember that game. The compliment one? you say one then I say one... usually a waitress?? back and forth we went. Telling them EVERYTHING we could think of that was true...? ha now its just a natural habit. people don't say enough good things. If I see something, or hear something and I appreciate it I tell them.
17. How to sew. Remember when I used to mess up your sewing machine all the time? I was making those little purses.... HAAAA and pillows, and whatever else i could put together?
18. You taught me how to be funny.... haaa and boy am I funny. well, Sean thinks so. He still says that I am the first girl he met that he thought was funny, he said girls just are not funny... BOY was he wrong. He had never met a Floyd girl.
19. How to make a decision and follow thruuu, you said whenever I made up my mind that was it. Nothing else. I just did it. And that is because you taught me to be strong, to know what I am doing and to do it. To ask for help when I need it. But to do it. Never drag it out!
20. YOU TAUGHT ME HOW A MOM is. and one day, when Sean and I have babies I will be a GREAT mom because you taught me how. You showed me every day of my life how much a mother loves her child. You were my mamma bear. and I love you.
I read a note my grandma wrote back in 1923,
Grandpa kept it in his coat And he showed once to me
He said now son you might not understand
But a long long time ago,
Gandma's daddy didn't like me none
But i loved your grandma so
We had this crazy plan to meet
And run away together
Get married in the first town we came too, and live forever
but nailed to the tree where we were supposed to meet, instead
I found this letter, and this is what it said:
If you get there before i do Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I dont knwo how long I'll be
But im not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
'Cause between now and then,
till i see you again I'll be loving you, love me
I read these words just hours before
My grandma passed away
In the doorway of the church where me and grandpa stop to pray
I know i've never seen him cry In all my 15 years,
but as he read these words to her,
His eyes filled up with tears.
If you get there before i do Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I dont know how long I'll be
But im not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
'Cause between now and then, till i see you again I
'll be loving you, love me
If you get there before i do Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I dont know how long I'll be
But im not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
'Cause between now and then,
till i see you again I'll be loving you, love me

3 comments:
my goodness, you are amazing. I am so grateful we picked each other before we got here. Thank you so much for all you have done and become. You take my breath away. That was the best birthday present ever! I love you stinkin guts. And yes, I did cry as I read thru the message and then completely lost it as I read the song (sung in my mind)LOVE MOM
YESSSSSSSSSSS I made you CRY!! hAa thats not very hard... at least that is what your seminary classes used to tell me... HA LOVe you mom of mine!
That is sooooo true. Blabby seminary kids.
LOVE YA
MOM
Post a Comment