Monday, June 22, 2009

HAPPY FATHER's day DAD!!


Hello there daddy floyd! Actually, you probably don't read this! BUT I just wanted to tell the whole wide world how wonderful you are!
My dad... memories start so early its hard to decided what to write. My first memory is fishing... You love to fish, always have, and I am sure you always will. I remember walking to Jack's pond and me in my little shorts that mom made me and getting ready to spend time with my dad! and randall too! You were so good at fishing, and you always knew right where to cast. And throwing those slugs into the water that were in the bank! Haha Opening day of bass season!? WE were THERE! EARLY in the morning! Ready to cast and take home our catches!
Hiking too! That was when we were younger, not too much when I got older. I realized that I liked a bed better! I had to carry a pack and I always ended up sleeping on a rock! It may not have been there when I fell asleep but for sure by morning there would be a HUGE rock under my little back!
Then there were the Mariner's games... I was too loud to go really, And I only wanted to watch cheerleaders cause they were pretty, and of course baseball doesn't even have them! mom and I were too loud together, we had to go separately! hahha and for our birthday which we share the outback or red robin and a baseball game! Those were my favorite days! A night out with my dad!
Remember when you taught me how to drive? The white car? And I was terrified! But you taught me so well, I can drive anywhere, in anything, in any kind of car! I can't tell you how many times I had been driving and a boy would say "you are the ONLY girl I have ever seen that was a good driver!" hahaha I would just smile and say "well, thats what my dad taught me to be!"
Then there were the pageants, you were my perfect escort. In all the pictures of us on stage you were smiling so big because you were so proud that you were my dad. All the other girls' men were no where NEAR as good as you! Practicing where to put your hand, on the outside of your suit coat or the inside... And doing everything just perfect! (like your garden!) And the other girls wanted to to be theirs so bad! I didn't want to share! haha Remember when i won!?? Miss Washington Teen 2004!?? And by the time you got up on stage you were crying and had called everyone important in your phone to tell them! that I WON! your little girl! Not just Over all, I did everything! talent, evening wear, interview, intro! All of it! You were so proud and it showed right on your face!
Everything I ever did you were there for me. From teaching me how to make popcorn! So I could stay up late with you and watch movies! To my wedding day. With a big proud daddy smile on your face! Thank you for everything. I love you dad!

love your little princess!!!!

No comments:

Popular Posts