I think the holidays run all the way from November straight through the first of the year! And without really any stopping the days in between all run together and all you remember is the time spent with family and the love and the jokes and the stories told and made during that time. Mine was no different. My holidays started this Year the week before Thanksgiving. Sean and I were sealed in the Bountiful temple and then off we went on our honeymoon to spend our first Thanksgiving on a cruise with our brand new small family. Just him and I. followed by preparing for Christmas. We spent time with family and friends (Tina came down for the weekend to see me and that was great) We have double dated with Sean's brothers and Christmas shopped, and ate SO MUCH, and decorated our home. Got our first tree, and put up our stockings and spent more time with the Stewarts (Sean's mom and dad and the rest of the kids) at their home in Farmington. We also went up to Malad, Idaho for his mom's family's Christmas party. I have spent hours on the phone with my family talking to them and missing them too. Sean and I spent Christmas Eve and Day up at his parents house. Their traditions are so different then my family's was growing up. It was REALLY fun to see them get excited and to do their Christmas their way! I loved it! I have never seen so much wrapping paper or boxes and bows all over the floor... Enough to jump in and hide from everyone that is for sure! My family didn't do it that way. They just rip into everything and yell thank yous and move on to the next one and it is so loud and there is laughing and singing and guitars playing and it was so happy! Then breakfast for Christmas day and lunch later and family time and naps! We went sledding too and had snowball fights and it was so fun. And the whole time love emanated from everyone in the home. It was WONDERFUL! AND WHAT CHRISTMAS IS COMPLETE WITHOUT A TON OF SNOW!???? Not a Christmas in Utah that is for sure... We had so much... and it snowed more and more EVERY DAY!!
Christmas day Sean and I went home to open our presents for each other and that was wonderful! And The next day we went back to the Stewart's home. And it been great. And there is more to come this week! I can't wait for New Years!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

I have pictures of Sean and I and our family from the Holidays coming. This is my best friend from High School Tina who came out for the weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment