Monday, September 23, 2013

motherly advice ;-))

I remember one time a while back when I was really wishing we were on our way to having our second baby already (Chase was like... 11 months old so there was plenty of time for the next little one to make his appearance)

I remember mentioning I didn't know when I was going to actively start TTC baby #2. My sweet mother in law told me this "You will love having your babies but enjoy this time. There is something special about having one baby at home" What a wise woman she is. I couldn't have handpicked a better mom to have added to my family. (I know I was born with a wonder mom, and I'm thankful for both of them!!! HI MOMMY!!!.)

I remember thinking  "Oh of course I understand that." But as I sit and think about what will change when there are two little personalities pulling for my attention, I cannot help but think of how grateful I am to have had all this time alone with Chase. He is such a love. Patient (as in.. the MOST patient 2 year old around) loving (kisses and hugs galore!) smart! (Talking and learning rapidly) and so many more things.. I enjoy taking him with me wherever I go. I love shopping with him and explaining to him the details of the supermarket. I have been blessed with a REASONABLE child! He listens when we explain things to him and he is good. He loves me. For all my faults. For all my shortcomings? He never gets mad because I'm not good enough or because I didn't finish his lunch at exactly 12:30 and he doesn't care if his PJ's don't match (although I do... ) He is sweet and sassy. Kind and loving. I am thankful for all the times he tries new things just because I asked him to. I am thankful for the time I get to share with him. He is an Angel. He gets that from his dad (like most things)

Now.. with that said. Of course he has his meltdowns (many of which i'm positive my sweet Aunt Marcia can hear) and he has his hard days. He isn't perfect. BUT as far as actual perfection goes? He is so close to it. I love my little boy with every single part of me. I love love love love him.


Speaking of little guy?? Naptime is OVER! He just woke up. Mommy time is back on.

No comments:

Popular Posts