Sunday, April 3, 2011

baby sister for Rush....

We brought home a new family member this weekend... and what a doll she is. Of course she was a little scared at first and very shy with Rush but it's only been a day and she's already fitting in perfectly! We love her. She is very tiny, very soft and very much a girl. We had thought we were getting a boy and had a boy name picked out and now that we found out she's a girl that changes things. We were going to go with Beck, keeping in line with the theme Rush's name created. But... she's a girl.. a little princess and I think she should have a good girl name.. BUT i can't help wanting to keep with the theme. We're thinking Hanity. We'll see if it sticks. For now we've been calling her kitty... And she actually comes when you call her. (well... when I call her she does) Of course she figured out I was the mom in short order and loves to snuggle me and she puts up with Sean when he wants to cuddle her as well. Which only seems to be when I'm snuggling the little girl.. then he gets it into his head that it's his turn.



ok.. you are probably thinking.. wow a new kitten with your puppy RIGHT before the baby is born. Well.. don't think we hadn't thought about it. Here's what it comes down to. Rush was an order from the DR. When we couldn't get pregnant and I was so sad and angry with everyone I saw the DR thought something small to love and hold and baby would be just the right medicine for me. For me he was depression medication without a refill every 30 days which was the other option. And cure me he did. I had a baby. Yes.. I didn't carry him and he's not human and can't say mom and dad.. But he was my first baby. My baby while the Lord was refining my patience. And with a new baby coming everyone says "o your dog will be so jealous." "o your dog will hate the baby." and so on. So many things that sounded terrible for little Rush. I don't want him to be lonely when the baby comes. So... a little brother or sister he could actually play with seemed like the best option for us and for him. Getting rid of my dog was never an option. But pushing him our and making him sad didn't sound to good either. So here he now has little sister to play with and to occupy his time. And they really seem to love each other. Though... sometimes I think she gets him confused with a mom.. that she can nurse from.. He doesn't let that happen but it doesn't stop her from trying!!
I love my little family!! yes... 2 of the five of us are on four legs and one is snug as a bug in a rug in my belly but we seem to get along just great!!

2 comments:

Nick and Dani said...

Awe, yet another sweet post! She is SO adorable! I cannot wait to meet her and maybe accidentally take her home and keep her! ;)

You don't have to defend your reason for getting her. Everyone is going to think something different, or they're going to tell you it's a mistake, but I honestly think yours is the personality that would thrive with a new baby and a puppy and a kitty. Now we really do have to play, soon! I'm going to ask Nick about it, tonight!

Scott & Ali said...

how about greta? cute!

Popular Posts