I'm scared every day... Afraid I'll start cramping and bleeding..
I'm scared when I go in for a check up my baby won't be fine...
I'm scared with every tiny twinge of pain or weird thing that happens...
I worry daily.. I wake up at night.. I look at my belly most of the day.
Sean and I spent two years on our knees praying for a child. We went through medical hell to be told we are pregnant. I personally had to overcome my largest longest fear I've had, of needles. Not only had I avoided giving blood my whole life I passed out from fear of shots from the nurses since I can remember. I learned how to give an injection to a ball so that I could stick myself right into my belly. I also have always had a dislike for the DR's office. I just avoided it all together. With this I went in daily, every other day at the very least.
I learned how to love my DR and be thankful for what they do. Without their knowledge and hard work we wouldn't have had a baby. Without someone who cared as much as we did if we got pregnant, they wouldn't have pushed as hard and upped our doses like we needed. Without their compassion I wouldn't have overcome my fear a fast and as easily (if you can say easy...) without them pushing and showing understanding for me I would have probably given up on myself. I would have been the girl waiting in the lobby to have the nurse administer my shot when she had time. Or I would have been home crying, listening to all those around me get excited about their children and their pregnancy while i just prayed and cried. They helped me with my faith with their works and helped me show my faith with my works!!!
but even still having grown both in faith and person, I am scared. I worry every day and I guess that's normal. But after what we went through I'm sure it will stay this way till my baby is in my arms and then my fears will be gone... and replaced by a whole set of new ones!
so.. yes. I am scared everyday.
But mostly I am thankful everyday.
5 comments:
your not alone in this one. I think every mom no matter what child it is for them, they worry what if something happens. Or maybe just me :)
and another bonus to add...you're past the common miscarriage stage!! It's super uncommon now to have one. Something I was reminded the other day is that we have the spirit that never leaves us in fear or doubt. So all that worrying we go through for our babies is just not worth it...but we can't help it sometimes! Find that balance of sanity and you'll be great!
As long as your not having any emergency pains or bleeding I am sooo sure that you and the baby will be perfect! You only have a few weeks till you find out what your having:)And I always worry like every day as well. I had bledding a few times with LaiLauna and everything was always ok but it is always scary. I hope you can just keep up your faith.
:( I'm sorry that every day has fear for you, but I think given your circumstances that's understandable. It would take a lot to just be able to dismiss the pain you went through. I do hope that you can come to enjoy this pregnancy, though! It can be pretty fun!
love your blog Lauren! It's so cute. I so happy that you guys finally are going to have a little baby!
Post a Comment