Thursday, January 13, 2011

our baby is moving... a lot

SO we haven't felt the baby at all. In fact, I had no idea that the baby was really moving much at this point. But I was shown otherwise today when we went in for our last visit with our Fertility Specialist. Bye Ann Marie! And Marray!! We'll miss you. This was a sad but really exciting day for us. We went in for our 9 week and final ultrasound at the Utah Fertility Clinic.
We went into our little room, and got ready for our baby! We couldn't wait to see the little one again. So the ultrasound begins and we see little arms and legs!! and then... they start moving. SO FAST. Wiggling and curling up into itself! Our baby was dancing! It was so beautiful! I was in shock!! I could see it's little arms and tiny legs just moving so fast trying to build muscle and perfect his/her moves! It was amazing. I've never seen anything like that. Our baby is growing and growing! And getting bigger and bigger every day. I couldn't believe the difference from last time, just two weeks ago!
What a special day for us. We also got to hear the heartbeat. What a great sound. It makes a mommy to be relax a little. It was 168.98 today. Quite a bit higher then last time. He told us it would keep going up till about week 20. So we shall see on the 24th when we go meet our OB what the heartbeat is that day! We got 7 new pictures of our little bug and we love it. Can't believe all these feelings that have replaced the sadness and longing from before. Now we just want to know what our baby is so we can stop calling our little tootsie roll an "it". I hate that!! I keep calling "it" a boy and everyone asks if we know already! But of course we don't. It's just better then not being anything... Anyhow. We got our pictures and our good luck card from the office staff up there and we said our good byes.
On our way out our Dr says "Ok, we expect pictures when the baby is born!! If not, we do repo the baby!!!" haaaaaaaaa I about died. But of course we'll send pictures!!! This baby will have more pictures taken of it then anything else on this planet!! We are two really proud/humble/thankful/happy parents to be!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mommo said...

Congratulation to you both! We really are so happy for you.
Just so you know....I still call Allyson (nearly 5yrs old) "Tootsie Roll". Of course some days she is my "Little Chicken Nugget", the list goes on.

Nick and Dani said...

Oh so fun! I absolutely expect to see those pictures tonight! (But I know you don't need to be told twice!) Have you picked out the names according to gender?

Popular Posts