Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shot class?

Hello there DR. Long time no see. O wait.. Ha not true. I saw you last week. O and the week before that. Well, since we're hanging out now, about once a week I would say we're closer then some of my best friends that I've had my whole life. AND you know more about my body. HAAAAAA. Kidding. Well, kind of.
Today I went to the DR to have blood work done and to have a shot class... They taught me how to stick myself with needles. Well, they actually taught me how to stick a rubber ball with needles. I'm sure it will be a little different.
For example, when I stick myself, I'll say "Now Lauren this is going to sting a little but only for a second" I wouldn't say that to the ball.. I might also say "O you're being so brave! You really are!" but definitely not to the ball. o my goodness. I'm also supposed to wipe the ball, o I mean tummy clean before I poke it. O my. what if I get them mixed up and wipe my tummy then poke the rubber ball? holy smokes.... Are they really trusting me with this??? o crap.
We shall see. I have 5 days to prepare myself mentally before I begin the injections. I'm starting to get exited... More and more. Still a little hard because nothing is for sure, well, one thing is for sure. I want to be a mommy, and Sean needs to be a daddy. That's what he was born for. He's such a natural with them. And for some reason, they can't get enough of him. To adults? He's intimidating I've heard people say things like "Did you see Lauren's husband? He's huge. He scared the crap out of me." or "Wow either you're a soldier or you should be" as they take a step back. But not little kids. Nope. They run to him with no fear expecting to be thrown, tickled and chased. He plays into their games, having just as much IF NOT MORE fun then they do.
Yes. Of that I am certain. Sean is supposed to be a daddy. I've got my fingers crossed, said my prayers. Called all my extended family (well I didn't, I know for a fact telling the mom's is always enough, I LOVE YOU BOTH) and now we wait.

1 comment:

Jared and Jessica said...

Good luck, Lauren! I'll be thinking about you...

Popular Posts