Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trying harder... hope?

Over the last 2 years Sean and I have undergone 4 fertility treatments. And... well, here we go again. We have started adoption papers but also have met with a specialist. We have started our treatments for trying to help us get pregnant all over again. We're hoping that they pay off before they make us go broke. This is an expensive thing. But the outcome should be a good one, or so we've been told.
As we were meeting with Kristin, our new DR yesterday Sean and I both felt out hope picking up and getting stronger. He has always been stronger than I am, but I found his hope to be contagious and I couldn't help but get excited. I have found shielding myself from the thought that it's actually going to happen for us has been a much better way to go on with my days. I get too excited to sadness when it turns out to be false is unbearable. And poor Sean.. O my. Having to deal with me. He is a VERY strong man. But yesterday, I found my hope at levels not seen for a long time for me. We've picked out a crib and some really perfect names... And the thoughts of twins keeps coming into my mind. Sean did however tell me not to get greedy. O well. I can't help it. I am a little greedy, my reply was "I've waited long enough to entitle myself to a little greed" (which we both knew was not true)
Hope... We've got some!! And every day I'm getting more. Kristin, helped us understand everything he was planning for us. We feel prepared to take the next steps with confidence. We shall see, we shall see!

2 comments:

Nick and Dani said...

Lauren, I really, really hope for the best for you and Sean. I hope it's not irritating coming from me, but I've said little prayers for you guys, and I'll hope with you, too.

David and Kira said...

Lauren, I hope everything works out the way you want! Patience is one of the hardest things to have at a time like this. Praying for you guys!!

Popular Posts