Thursday, January 16, 2014

baby update!

We are just growing around here. Baby getting bigger and my abs are gone.. Like long gone! I look like I ate way too much... everyday for about two weeks. Belly is sticking out a bit, way faster than with Chase. It's quite exciting. Yesterday I had a check up with my OBGYN in DC, we are all settled in with our insurance. Really like my Dr's office and the nurses are fantastic. He is really nice and takes his time with Chase and I and this little wee babe (Chase goes to my appts usually, he didn't go yesterday).  I'm really looking forward to the progression of this pregnancy and I cannot wait to feel baby moving. Besides the heartbeat the kicking is my favorite thing during pregnancy. At least... until it starts hurting.
Chase is talking to my belly still and kissing it whenever he remembers that he can. We talked about heartbeats yesterday and the fact that the baby has one and that we get to listen to it. He loves the fact that we go to the DR's to check on the baby and he gets to see or hear him/her. He is going to be a sweet big brother. Still feeling pretty good, mostly just a few headaches and if I do too much I get nauseous but otherwise I'm just tired. I'm really loving this time to be with my baby and not have to share or change diapers. Loving everyday.

Chase is:
talking in full and complete sentences.
"Mommy, what does that sound like?"
"Mommy, I want a treat please."
"Mommy, I want to go to work."

everything starts with Mommy.
He says please and thank you without having to be reminded most of the time.
We have a piano in our house now (WE LOVE IT!) and he plays about once a day, sometimes quite bit more, especially when I sit down to play.
He loves to color, paint, draw, make notes and use his dry erase markers.
His favorite songs right now are:
Away in a Manger
The first Noel
ABC's
Abide with Me, tis Eventide
and of course anything we make up.

Chase is quite good at making friends. We go on walks as often as the weather allows and he talks to everyone and counts all the cars we pass in the city and the dogs. (He hasn't found a number that goes high enough yes he goes to about 8 or 9 every time)
He likes to stand in the front yard and greet people walking down the street. Many times they even stop their walks to come and say hello to him. He loves that.
We also LOVE that we can count helicopters and airplanes in the city. We counted three in five minutes on Tuesday. He really loves his flying machines. In fact, he loves all big moving machines. Buses, Fire Trucks, Police Cars, Trains. Ambulances. EVERYTHING that drives. He calls red cars? Race cars. And he is a sweet and polite little one. I am so proud to be his mother. I love that little boy so much. He also has gotten better at sharing his toys. While he may not just give them to him, when we remind him that he needs to share he has gotten quite good at saying "Okay mommy"  and giving back the toys he tried to take. I don't make it a habit of making him give up ones he is playing with, but he is never allowed to take them from someone else.
Nursery! He has been requesting either Sean or I stay with him but this last week he went by himself for the last hour and a half. We were really proud of him. He is just growing right up.

No comments:

Popular Posts