Friday, November 9, 2012

Life on the east side!

So our lives changed in a huge way moving out here.. Away from family. Good friends.. and Utah. (It's a different world out here) AND since we've been out here we have been busy, busy, busy. Learning the area. Touring DC. Spending time with visiting family. And getting ready to have the ENTIRE Stewart Clan out here for Christmas. ALSO.. Finding a rental for Chris and Evie since they can't be out here to do it themselves. AND... It's all worked out. The whole family will be squeezing into their place for a couple weeks in December and staying into January for the swearing in. (Chris as a Congressman.) So much to look forward to. I get to spend quality time with my sisters and their babies and Sean will get to have his best friends around for a few weeks. He loves his brothers and dad so I just know this will be so much fun for them.
And Chase.. My growing baby. He is such a good sport about going all around with me.. In fact, he enjoys it. We go see new places all the time and spend time in the car, and visit daddy on the Hill... and pick him up from the metro after work. He loves the park. And sticks. They are built in toys that he can find nearly everywhere we go and he finds such delight in them. Also... he wrestles! he loves to tackle daddy and pounce on him.. and he has even been trying to tickle Sean.. It. ADORABLE. Then, there is the library. He adores the library. Inside the kids section they have three huge stairs he loves to scale and sit at the tippy top and look out the window and squeal down at the other kiddos and look at books. We go about once a week and he gets to pick eight books. (We get the same number every time. Makes returning them easier.) They books are always about animals and babies. This week I traded in two of his books for truck books. AND... TADA!!! He loves it. So thats good. He is learning everything. He is my 22 pound sponge. Absorbing all the information he can and talking and talking. Which, by the way, is the cutest thing EVER. I didn't know how much I could love him. It changes everything, they way I see my mom, Sean's mom... I never knew how much I could worry or feel or the pride I would have. He is the absolute light of our lives. Why we have been so blessed I'll never know. But I am thankful every minute of everyday that he is mine. Now I'm not saying every minute of everyday is easy. BUT it has not been hard to remember without a doubt that I am the luckiest mommy alive and to count my blessings because I am his mother.





No comments:

Popular Posts