So we missed about 8 days at the gym. It's weird how hard that was for me. Being in Florida with family was so fabulous. We got to spend lots of time with our loved ones! And even still with our busy schedule?? I had this crazy itch to hit the gym! Since we got back I nearly doubled my weights and hit it hard. My body had time to recover and get itself ready for more work. This was the first rest I've had in 18 weeks. This photo really does a great job in showing 'me' I am seriously the most girly of girls. Make up. Earrings. High Heels (although it has changed to more 'mess friendly' fabrics since my son was born) And yet. there is a switch that flips at the gym. Go hard or go home. I don't socialize... which is super weird for me. I talk and talk and sometimes (lots of the time) I don't know when to stop. I love to meet new people and share my passions with possible friends.. And yet.. I go to the gym and couldn't get more serious if I tried. Headphones in. Supp-ed up. cardio. then lift. Cardio then lift. ABS. LEGS. (Legs are my favorite!) then upper-body.. (upper-body is my favorite) Cardio... (cardio is my favorite) Abs... (abs are my favorite.) I love it all. But silently and with no smile on my face.. TILL I get home and my sweet husband is cheering me on telling me how proud he is and saying how impressed he is with the knowledge I have gained over the last little while. When he asks what I did at the gym... and I tell him? It's always a little pride boost for me to see his trying to hide his shock at my form or knowledge of how a lift works and what part of my body to squeeze or push with. Makes me feel like i can support him as well. He has had a passion for the gym much longer than I have. In high school? I ran. That's all I did. and I loved it. Now?? I get bored WAY before i get tired. BUT running with Sean? Way more fun. My cardio lately has been the stair climber at the gym. Hit it and hit it hard. Love it. And all of this?? Done when chase spends his time with Daddy. My two favorite boys don't get to see each other often and if I am there, Chase tends to lean towards mommy. So me leaving? Has created a special time for them to bond. It has been sweet to see my boys turn into best friends. Chase even asks for daddy when he wakes up now! Makes this mommy very happy. Anyways... Here i am! The princess at the gym.
Monday, July 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I already know I'm going to miss being pregnant... I have loved all of it. Everything. Of course it's not all comfortable but it...
-
Well hello world! It's been a while. Like... A LOONG while. I'm 36 weeks on Wednesday and baby girl can come anytime she wants a we...
-
O dear... this last week I haven't slept much... It's been getting harder to breathe for me and so I wake up lots... and rolling ove...
-
by the end of the day i'm always sticking out WAY farther then in the morning. This was at like 11:30 last night... 15 week belly!
-
I remember people telling me "Oh your life is going to change when you have that baby" like... as a warning? So I was already preg...

No comments:
Post a Comment