Tuesday, August 16, 2011. What a day this was. It started really early for me. 2am bright and early.. OK not bright at all. It was still dark and we'd only been in bed for a couple of hours. I woke up with some really severe cramps. O boy did these hurt. I stayed in bed for a little bit but finally it was too much for me. I started walking back and forth in our upstairs. This did not help the pain one bit. So finally I got out my phone and started timing them. Sean was sleeping so I called my mom and she talked to me for the next half hour or so till I decided Sean shouldn't be asleep. He needed to be awake if I had to be awake.
O dear... Those cramps just kept on coming. Finally after timing them and seeing that they were only 1 minute to 3 minutes apart we decided to head to the hospital. (We called the DR first to ask) This was about 3:30. So... in we go and it takes a bit to get registered and all signed in. So around 4:30 the nurse was able to check me. HOLY CRAP. This was the worst so far! Nothing hurt me this bad. Apparently my son had drooped so low, AND all my parts are in my back pretty far, they had to do some serious digging to see where we were at. Nothing. To make me feel better she told me I was at a 1. nice... All that and NOTHING. They had to send me home. Dang dang. The sweet lady that she was gave me a shot of morphine in my butt and sent us on our way. That was about 5:30.
We got home right around 6 and went to sleep. 7am rolls around and those contractions are coming right through that morphine. O dear... So up again and walking. FINALLY around 9am when I was talking to my mom she says "LAUREN! why are you not timing your contractions!??" UM HELLO!! they just SENT ME HOME! I HAD NOTHING! But I started timing them anyways.. They were about 48 seconds apart... O great. my goodness. OK.. That's very close. So I go downstairs to tell Sean we need to head to the hospital. His response? "Why?? Are you hurting again? or.. are they closer together?" I informed him he wasn't allowed to ask questions. And Sean's little sister who happened to be spending the night let him know all he was allowed to do was say "Yes dear, lets go to the hospital." So we left at about 10:30 am
Upon arriving to the hospital (I couldn't talk at this point.. and walking?? I think I crawled) In I go and GREAT NEWS!! I'm at a 4!!! Fantastic! So immediately I asked for my epidural. Yes yes they tell me! We just have to empty half a bag of liquid into you first. So in goes my IV and I had to wait a little longer. About 20 minutes longer. They moved me to my room where we were delivering and checked me again while waiting for my very favorite person alive, the anesthesiologist, and I was at a 6. O dear.. 4 to 6 in that short time.. and BOY did that not feel good. But Luckily I had just met my nurses and they were fantastic. We got two. Michelle and Becki. (SHOUT OUT TO MY LADIES! I TELL EVERYONE HOW GREAT YOU ARE!) We got two because Michelle was transitioning to Labor and Delivery from the ER. I'm so glad she was.
SO.. Epidural. FANTASTIC! Who is wonder woman and pushed out a baby!?? Me! O yeah.. Because I had an epidural. Yep. I'm certain I couldn't have done it without. In comes the man of the day and gets me all set up and pain free in no time. I was still waiting for my epidural when they said "ok you're ready. Go ahead and lay on down." um? HELLO! I still wanted my epidural. LUCKY ME HAD ALREADY GOTTEN IT! Great news!
So I went to a 10 in next hour and a half or two hours I think. Maybe longer I can't remember. But I was really enjoying my time with the girls. We were so blessed to have them. I was able to talk and share my feelings and excitement with them. And after hearing about our road to babyhood, they were excited with us our our day.
4pm, I started pushing. My DR has the baby slide down naturally for 2 hours before you start working on getting him out. I was only able to push for a few contractions. Baby Chase's heartbeat was dropping pretty steep. So we had to wait for the DR and when he came I no longer had the option of pushing. He immediately took the necessary actions and pulled Chase out. I saw my son! His head of course out first, he was beautiful! Even all covered in the birth goo. He had a little rough start, fliud in his lungs and really fast breathing. Also his heartrate was low for about the first 24 hours. But he was here!! O my goodness he was perfect. A little blonde hair and a mineature of my husband. I was the happiest girl in the world! I had my husband and my son! Everything I could have ever wanted. And the best birthing staff ever put together. My DR, his nurses and my nurses. Sean and I can't say enough about those wonderful ladies who took care of me and my son. They even made sure Sean was fed.
Even when we changed nurses the service level stayed the same. We were so blessed those two days in the hospital to have their care and compassion. Our dreams of parenthood had finally come true. Great great. I love my son.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I already know I'm going to miss being pregnant... I have loved all of it. Everything. Of course it's not all comfortable but it...
-
Well hello world! It's been a while. Like... A LOONG while. I'm 36 weeks on Wednesday and baby girl can come anytime she wants a we...
-
O dear... this last week I haven't slept much... It's been getting harder to breathe for me and so I wake up lots... and rolling ove...
-
by the end of the day i'm always sticking out WAY farther then in the morning. This was at like 11:30 last night... 15 week belly!
2 comments:
By far my best day yet working in L&D! It was so fun to be there with you and your family for Chase's grand arrival. Thank you for your very sweet card. I'm sorry that it's been a rough couple of weeks, but I hope everything is going well now. Congratulations and keep in touch!
-Michelle
I love the story! Even though you told it to me yourself I don't think I got all the details! Congrats, again! I hope to see you, soon!
Post a Comment